Kit home prices are definitely much lower than houses planned and constructed from scratch. Nevertheless, the cost isn’t the only reason for you to opt for buying a prefabricated house over a stick-built one. You now have a variety of brands, designs, and kit inclusions to choose from for prefabricated houses these days, so the appearance and quality aren’t weaknesses for them anymore. Of course, you’ll always save more time if you choose from kit homes, instead of doing the whole house planning and construction, even if you’ve got a team of professionals with you.
Not Your Ordinary Kit Homes
Homes that are prefabricated, while more inexpensive than stick-built houses, don’t mean structures that look cheap. It also isn’t true that you’ll get a house that’s poorly conditioned against environmental factors like heat, rain, etc. Many manufacturers of kit homes today produce plans and materials that are of exceptional quality.
First of all, transportation usually gives additional risk factors for construction materials. Since the materials of these products have to be transported, manufacturers of top-quality kit homes make sure that everything included in every kit they sell are engineered perfectly. These manufacturing companies usually hire laborers that specialize in whichever housing material they’re assigned to do. In most construction teams for stick-built types, they usually engage all-around workers.
In addition, your home should give you shelter under any kind of weather condition or other outside factors. This is why houses have to have insulation, pest control treatments, and other important procedures. On this note, you’ll be glad to know that cheap kit homes come with insulation batting that’s right for the type, size, and design that you choose. They also usually have tempered doors, termite-treated flooring, and many other conditioned supplies.
Kit homes also give you the advantages of convenience and speed. As mentioned earlier, each package comes complete with materials that are already processed for installation. You also don’t need to think much about whether each aspect of your house follows the building codes in your area, because the manufacturer must already make sure that the whole kit home, when built, would be according to all whatever building code needs to be followed. This type of house can be ready to move in to approximately 12 weeks from the time that you order it.
Kit home prices are much lower than those of stick-built costs, mainly because these prefabricated structures have materials done in a manner that saves costs in labor and tools. Materials are also purchased in bulk, so all the more reason for manufacturers to be able to cut down their prices.
Definitely, there’s more to kit homes than money savings. They can also give you less worry about the quality of materials and construction and more time to enjoy having a new home.
Too many cities to see, so little time. This has been a sentiment I heard too often, not just from myself but from most of my friends.
Grateful though that this year proved to be one with a lot of adventures, even if for just the nearer cities as Berlin, Munich, Frankfurt and Venice (the last two for the second time)! Each of these cities are charming, distinct and a joy to explore. Venice is without a doubt my favorite…despite the fact that my legs would be aching at the end of the day, I would love to go back over and over. Munich comes closely when talking about pleasure walks and there are a handful reasons why.
Clean streets, luscious and green open parks, great architecture, and a sense of peace and friendliness all-around would be my overall impression. It’s certainly a city I would love to go back to, walk around, discover, and photograph.
this friendly city
So here are some of what I recommend to do and see while wandering about Munich.
1. Hofgarten – Munich’s oldest park, it is an Italian style Renaissance garden that dates back to the 16th century.
2. Marienplatz – The city’s main square where both the New City hall and Old City hall are located…a rather crowded zone, the Karlsplatz, with a lot of shopping boutiques and restaurants could be intimidating with its huge crowd.
3. Königsplatz – The King’s square, if you love Greek architecture as I do, this square is a must! Built in the style of European Neo-Classicism, the square houses three grand buildings: the “Ionic” Glyptothek, the “Doric” Propylaea and The “Corinthian” State Museum of Classical Art.
Pavilion at the Hofgarten
4. English Garden – One of the largest parks, not just in Munich or Europe but the world. It’s so big, make sure you are up for walking, it gets a bit tiring especially since there are no way you can go back to the entrance but to walk again. (I’m not entirely sure though as I might have not seen a station nearby, but, check out this information on Munich’s public transportation).
5. Nymphenburg Palace – A Baroque palace with gardens that are a pleasure to explore, too. The French garden, for example, features the “Grand Cascade”, a two-part water staircase installation. There are also a number of pavillions worth seeing for their architectural designs.
6. Olympiapark – The Olympic Park constructed for the 1972 Summer Olympics which functions until today. The park is located at the Oberwiesenfeld, ner the BMW welt and there’s the Olympic tower, a communication tower you can climb to give you a beautiful view not just of the stadium but the whole of Munich as well. (See photo at the bottom of this post).
Monopteros, Nymphenburg Palace Gardens
Worth visiting too are the BMW Welt Museum for the car enthusiasts, Tierpark Hellabrunn (zoo) for the animal lovers, the Allianz Arena for football fans, the Brandhorst museum, Alte Pinakothek and Pinakothek Moderne for lovers of the art, the Deutsches museum for those who enjoys history, and a handful of churches in all their grand designs for those whoe like gothic, baroque and neo-classical architecture. I would recommend booking your hotel on this website and go explore the very rich culture this Bavarian capital has to offer. Munich also has a lot to offer for a wonderful gastronomic experience, but, I’ll post about that on my food blog. ^_^
Olympiapark stadium seen from the Olympic tower
It is every writer’s dream to get published. And this is not just any other form of written publication. Writers dream about publishing at least one book in his name. Coming up with something significant to write about is a challenge in itself. There are several ways to go about this. You have to think about a topic that you are most passionate about. It needs to be something that you are really interested in and would enjoy the process of researching and writing about it. Otherwise, you are setting yourself up for disappointment. When you enjoy what you are writing about, you will not find it difficult to write your book at all.
image via http://www.columbiagorge.org/
You can take inspiration from the books that you enjoy reading too. Be careful, though, of copying anything from these books. You have to make your book your own; it has to be uniquely yours in terms of content and tone. Your personality should come across in the book that you are writing. This way, your readers will feel a connection with your words. They have to be captivated enough to keep on reading and perhaps even recommend your book to others. That is, of course, if you want to promote your book. But, even if you are only writing for a select group of people, you still have to make sure that you satisfy their need for information and entertainment. The whole point of publishing a book is not merely to have your name in the cover, but also for people to actually read it.
It’s easier to get published today than it was a decade ago. You can easily write an ebook and distribute it online. Check out Amazon and Kindle for authorship platforms through which you can publish your book. The niches are vast and you can write about any topic from any angle you desire. You can write self-help books, novels, bios, or even reviews of other books and distribute them in the form of ebooks even if you are not a known writer. You do not have to spend much for publication and distribution. Some even start making money out of ebook writing by using their own ebooks for their online marketing activities.
Your first step to writing your own book is to make the decision to write it now. Procrastinating and waiting for the right book idea will not get you anywhere. Read books from other authors. Read about success stories of how new authors have been able to realize their dreams of getting published. Get inspiration from these writers and start writing your own book now. With passion and talent, you can accomplish your dream sooner than you think you could.
still is a dream…
Are you looking for someone who can provide quality dental care for yourself and the rest of your family? Anyone who is in need of dental care is in luck because there are typically many dentists in a given community who are willing to offer great care at affordable prices. Many dentists will even create a payment plan that stays within your budget if you cannot afford to pay right away.
What Can Your Dentist Do For You?
Your dentist is going to do more than just improve the health of your teeth and gums. He or she is going to help you smile more and increase your self-confidence. When you smile, you come off as a happier and more social person. This makes it easier to establish new romantic relationships, make friends or get a job.
What Services Does a Dentist Provide?
A dentist can do everything from simply cleaning your teeth to replacing teeth that are decayed or cracked. Most dentists have the ability to do gum or other basis oral surgeries right in their offices. This allows you to get in and out much faster and gives you the peace of mind that comes with getting treatment from someone who you know and trust.
How Often Should You See a Dentist?
You should make an effort to see a dentist at least twice a year for teeth cleanings. If you know that your teeth are prone to cavities or other issues, you may want to consider seeing your dentist three or four times during the year to stay on top of those issues.
When Should Children See a Dentist?
Children should see a dentist as young as three years old. However, parents may wish to hold off on having their child see a dentist until they are a little older depending on how well they interact with others.
Dental care is something that should not be neglected or overlooked. Whether you need a cleaning or need dental implants, your dentist can create a treatment plan that helps you smile with confidence. To make an appointment with a dentist near you, you can go online to schedule your appointment or call your preferred dentist at any time.
In today’s inflated world, finding the best deal is often impossible – especially when it comes to home décor. If you’re currently looking for an affordable, but extremely stylish flooring option for your home, the perfect choice might very well be vinyl flooring. Vinyl flooring is not only affordable, but offers long-lasting style that is durable and sure to withstand your busy days. Easy to install and simple to care for, vinyl flooring is a power house in terms of affordability and maintenance. Moreover, vinyl flooring comes in many styles and options, making it easy to choose something that fits into your already existing décor.
image via http://www.amtico.com
One can make use of different vinyl combinations in the house. There are vinyl planks, vinyl tiles, or sheet vinyl with gorgeous designs to choose from. Vinyl planks are made to look like classic hardwood floor panels in traditional homes. They make great flooring options for living room, dining room and bedrooms. Unlike the real hardwood floors, the vinyl planks are more durable and waterproof. This means that those who want to have a uniform look for the entire house may use the same material in every room including the bathroom and kitchen. Another design option is the vinyl tiles. They usually come in square shapes and are made to resemble stone, slate, or marble floors. Tiles or stones are commonly used in kitchen, bathrooms, and other areas that are prone to spills or get wet. The advantage of vinyl tiles is that it doesn’t get chipped or cracked easily when you drop something heavy like a pan or serving dish. Vinyl planks and tiles are great options for those who want to create their own patterns for their flooring because tiles or planks can be mixed and matched according to their desire. However, if you do not intend to mix and match then you are better off with the sheet vinyl. These sheets come in one solid piece, which means less seams and a more professional finish if properly installed. Those who intend to go vinyl all the way might as well consider using it on their stairs. There are Vinyl Plank Stair Threads that can add to the aesthetic value of your staircase.
Because of its durability and ease of care, vinyl flooring is perfectly suited to be installed in high traffic areas, or areas that often get dirty. This beautiful flooring option also allows you to think outside of the box and unleash your creativity, as vinyl flooring can be installed in interesting and unique patterns. With a plethora of desirable characteristics and designs, vinyl flooring is a more than sensible flooring decision for your home. If you’re looking for an excellent value that is sure to make your home look great, consider vinyl flooring today.
image via http://www.astons-online.co.uk
Whoever said, “You can’t buy happiness but you can buy me a book, and that’s kind of the same thing” couldn’t have said it better. I guess this quote proves the saying “Money can’t buy happiness” wrong. After all, you do need money to buy books, and if you’re a certified booklover, then nothing can make you happier than a new book.
Booklovers the world over would agree with me when I say that nothing beats the smell of a new book. Something about the scent lifted with each turn of a page that’s quite magical; it’s hard to explain, but booklovers would know what I’m talking about.
just about cozy…
Hence, if you want to put a genuine smile on a person’s face especially one whom you know has an affinity for books, then, by all means, gift him or her with a book.
There are many reasons why books make great gifts, and here’s some.
- A book makes you productive during the most unproductive time. Does it sound confusing? Well, just think; you follow a stringent schedule every day, and sometimes, it includes waiting for something to happen (e.g. waiting in line at the bank, waiting for your doctor’s appointment, waiting for traffic to move (granted you’re not the one driving), waiting for you next class, etc.). Hence, rather than sit around watching people pass or simply wasting your time away, you could read something from a good book, enjoy, and learn something new.
- Reading = learning. No matter what genre of book you read, you’re bound to learn things. In fact, I know some people who admit that being voracious readers from their youth onwards inspired them to write, and let me tell you this; these people are darn great writers! Reading can enrich your vocabulary, introduce you to different writing styles, teach you proper composition of sentences, and improve your grammar. Nevertheless, more than these things, the greatest learning you get from books is when you apply the things you read in life. When you make mistakes, you can do as a writer does – revise – and write a whole new chapter.
- Each of us goes through a certain phase when we just want to be by ourselves. You find yourself embroiled in a situation where even meeting friends becomes unbearable, so you decide to be by your lonesome. At times like these, a book may turn out to be that one great companion you need. It will never talk back to you, but you could definitely find solace between the pages. Before you know it, you’ll be back to your usual self.
- Books are great for self-reflection. A gripping novel could make you look at yourself and ask, “Am I living my life this way?” You’d be surprised at how you could relate with the characters in a book you’re reading, and more often than not, seeing yourself through a different perspective helps you do some serious self-examination and lets you make necessary changes to your thoughts, ideas, and attitude.
- Reading books make you look smart. This may seem too shallow, but it’s true. Surely, you want your friends or loved ones to look smart, too. That’s why it’s great to give them books as gifts.
- A book can help uplift the spirits of crushed ones. It can help us see through the beauty amidst life’s hardships.
- Books can be a source of inspiration.
These are just some reasons why books are great and why giving these as gifts is always a nice gesture. If you want to make someone truly happy, go buy him a book, and put a smile not just on his face but yours as well.
Leaf through the pages. ^_^