It is every writer’s dream to get published. And this is not just any other form of written publication. Writers dream about publishing at least one book in his name. Coming up with something significant to write about is a challenge in itself. There are several ways to go about this. You have to think about a topic that you are most passionate about. It needs to be something that you are really interested in and would enjoy the process of researching and writing about it. Otherwise, you are setting yourself up for disappointment. When you enjoy what you are writing about, you will not find it difficult to write your book at all.
image via http://www.columbiagorge.org/
You can take inspiration from the books that you enjoy reading too. Be careful, though, of copying anything from these books. You have to make your book your own; it has to be uniquely yours in terms of content and tone. Your personality should come across in the book that you are writing. This way, your readers will feel a connection with your words. They have to be captivated enough to keep on reading and perhaps even recommend your book to others. That is, of course, if you want to promote your book. But, even if you are only writing for a select group of people, you still have to make sure that you satisfy their need for information and entertainment. The whole point of publishing a book is not merely to have your name in the cover, but also for people to actually read it.
It’s easier to get published today than it was a decade ago. You can easily write an ebook and distribute it online. Check out Amazon and Kindle for authorship platforms through which you can publish your book. The niches are vast and you can write about any topic from any angle you desire. You can write self-help books, novels, bios, or even reviews of other books and distribute them in the form of ebooks even if you are not a known writer. You do not have to spend much for publication and distribution. Some even start making money out of ebook writing by using their own ebooks for their online marketing activities.
Your first step to writing your own book is to make the decision to write it now. Procrastinating and waiting for the right book idea will not get you anywhere. Read books from other authors. Read about success stories of how new authors have been able to realize their dreams of getting published. Get inspiration from these writers and start writing your own book now. With passion and talent, you can accomplish your dream sooner than you think you could.
still is a dream…
Are you looking for someone who can provide quality dental care for yourself and the rest of your family? Anyone who is in need of dental care is in luck because there are typically many dentists in a given community who are willing to offer great care at affordable prices. Many dentists will even create a payment plan that stays within your budget if you cannot afford to pay right away.
What Can Your Dentist Do For You?
Your dentist is going to do more than just improve the health of your teeth and gums. He or she is going to help you smile more and increase your self-confidence. When you smile, you come off as a happier and more social person. This makes it easier to establish new romantic relationships, make friends or get a job.
What Services Does a Dentist Provide?
A dentist can do everything from simply cleaning your teeth to replacing teeth that are decayed or cracked. Most dentists have the ability to do gum or other basis oral surgeries right in their offices. This allows you to get in and out much faster and gives you the peace of mind that comes with getting treatment from someone who you know and trust.
How Often Should You See a Dentist?
You should make an effort to see a dentist at least twice a year for teeth cleanings. If you know that your teeth are prone to cavities or other issues, you may want to consider seeing your dentist three or four times during the year to stay on top of those issues.
When Should Children See a Dentist?
Children should see a dentist as young as three years old. However, parents may wish to hold off on having their child see a dentist until they are a little older depending on how well they interact with others.
Dental care is something that should not be neglected or overlooked. Whether you need a cleaning or need dental implants, your dentist can create a treatment plan that helps you smile with confidence. To make an appointment with a dentist near you, you can go online to schedule your appointment or call your preferred dentist at any time.
In today’s inflated world, finding the best deal is often impossible – especially when it comes to home décor. If you’re currently looking for an affordable, but extremely stylish flooring option for your home, the perfect choice might very well be vinyl flooring. Vinyl flooring is not only affordable, but offers long-lasting style that is durable and sure to withstand your busy days. Easy to install and simple to care for, vinyl flooring is a power house in terms of affordability and maintenance. Moreover, vinyl flooring comes in many styles and options, making it easy to choose something that fits into your already existing décor.
image via http://www.amtico.com
One can make use of different vinyl combinations in the house. There are vinyl planks, vinyl tiles, or sheet vinyl with gorgeous designs to choose from. Vinyl planks are made to look like classic hardwood floor panels in traditional homes. They make great flooring options for living room, dining room and bedrooms. Unlike the real hardwood floors, the vinyl planks are more durable and waterproof. This means that those who want to have a uniform look for the entire house may use the same material in every room including the bathroom and kitchen. Another design option is the vinyl tiles. They usually come in square shapes and are made to resemble stone, slate, or marble floors. Tiles or stones are commonly used in kitchen, bathrooms, and other areas that are prone to spills or get wet. The advantage of vinyl tiles is that it doesn’t get chipped or cracked easily when you drop something heavy like a pan or serving dish. Vinyl planks and tiles are great options for those who want to create their own patterns for their flooring because tiles or planks can be mixed and matched according to their desire. However, if you do not intend to mix and match then you are better off with the sheet vinyl. These sheets come in one solid piece, which means less seams and a more professional finish if properly installed. Those who intend to go vinyl all the way might as well consider using it on their stairs. There are Vinyl Plank Stair Threads that can add to the aesthetic value of your staircase.
Because of its durability and ease of care, vinyl flooring is perfectly suited to be installed in high traffic areas, or areas that often get dirty. This beautiful flooring option also allows you to think outside of the box and unleash your creativity, as vinyl flooring can be installed in interesting and unique patterns. With a plethora of desirable characteristics and designs, vinyl flooring is a more than sensible flooring decision for your home. If you’re looking for an excellent value that is sure to make your home look great, consider vinyl flooring today.
image via http://www.astons-online.co.uk
Whoever said, “You can’t buy happiness but you can buy me a book, and that’s kind of the same thing” couldn’t have said it better. I guess this quote proves the saying “Money can’t buy happiness” wrong. After all, you do need money to buy books, and if you’re a certified booklover, then nothing can make you happier than a new book.
Booklovers the world over would agree with me when I say that nothing beats the smell of a new book. Something about the scent lifted with each turn of a page that’s quite magical; it’s hard to explain, but booklovers would know what I’m talking about.
just about cozy…
Hence, if you want to put a genuine smile on a person’s face especially one whom you know has an affinity for books, then, by all means, gift him or her with a book.
There are many reasons why books make great gifts, and here’s some.
- A book makes you productive during the most unproductive time. Does it sound confusing? Well, just think; you follow a stringent schedule every day, and sometimes, it includes waiting for something to happen (e.g. waiting in line at the bank, waiting for your doctor’s appointment, waiting for traffic to move (granted you’re not the one driving), waiting for you next class, etc.). Hence, rather than sit around watching people pass or simply wasting your time away, you could read something from a good book, enjoy, and learn something new.
- Reading = learning. No matter what genre of book you read, you’re bound to learn things. In fact, I know some people who admit that being voracious readers from their youth onwards inspired them to write, and let me tell you this; these people are darn great writers! Reading can enrich your vocabulary, introduce you to different writing styles, teach you proper composition of sentences, and improve your grammar. Nevertheless, more than these things, the greatest learning you get from books is when you apply the things you read in life. When you make mistakes, you can do as a writer does – revise – and write a whole new chapter.
- Each of us goes through a certain phase when we just want to be by ourselves. You find yourself embroiled in a situation where even meeting friends becomes unbearable, so you decide to be by your lonesome. At times like these, a book may turn out to be that one great companion you need. It will never talk back to you, but you could definitely find solace between the pages. Before you know it, you’ll be back to your usual self.
- Books are great for self-reflection. A gripping novel could make you look at yourself and ask, “Am I living my life this way?” You’d be surprised at how you could relate with the characters in a book you’re reading, and more often than not, seeing yourself through a different perspective helps you do some serious self-examination and lets you make necessary changes to your thoughts, ideas, and attitude.
- Reading books make you look smart. This may seem too shallow, but it’s true. Surely, you want your friends or loved ones to look smart, too. That’s why it’s great to give them books as gifts.
- A book can help uplift the spirits of crushed ones. It can help us see through the beauty amidst life’s hardships.
- Books can be a source of inspiration.
These are just some reasons why books are great and why giving these as gifts is always a nice gesture. If you want to make someone truly happy, go buy him a book, and put a smile not just on his face but yours as well.
Leaf through the pages. ^_^
People who have startup businesses already know the importance of establishing an online presence for their business. To start creating that presence, every business needs a good website where they can tell customers about the business, feature the different products and services they offer, or answer frequently asked questions about the business as well as what it can offer.
The first step in creating a great business website is to find the right name for it. If an offline resource such as print advertising or a business card is what drew your customers to your website, then it’s safe to assume that your domain name was the first thing they noticed about your business. Thus, the domain name needs to be catchy, and at the same time, it must be related to the business.
Often, the business name itself is enough to create inspiration for the choice of domain name. Otherwise, a variation of it that makes sense, such as the initials of the business name, would do. If those domain names are not available on the .com extension, you do have the option to choose from a plethora of other extensions including .co, .net, .biz, as well as extensions that are geared toward a specific country or region.
A thorough search on the Internet would present you with various websites where you can buy your domain name, one of which is Register.com. When you choose Register.com or any other company where you can acquire a domain name, all of your options will be presented to you to give you an idea of the available choices.
In addition, if you want to make sure that there is no confusion when customers want to get to your business, the common practice among Internet marketers and website owners is to buy the domain name with different extensions and redirect all these back to the original site. Commonly misspelled URLs are also a problem for some businesses, and this solution can take care of any confusion in those instances as well.
After you set up your domain name, all you have to do is create your site. There are a number of website builders available on the Internet, or you can also do it on your own using website software. No matter what you choose to build your site with, getting the domain name and the information your customers seek into their hands is the most important part. Once the site is completed, the address should be included on all of your advertising, both online and offline, for best results.
Doing all the household chores by yourself can take a toll on your body. For some, being overwhelmed by all the household chores on top of all the other things they have to do for the family and for work can also affect their general mental disposition. It is common for the members of the family to be expected to pitch in with these chores. But, this is not always possible especially when you have younger kids – taking care of your kids should actually be the focus of your energies. Before you know it, you could be pulling your hair in frustration about the hodge-podge of things on your to-do list.
In some countries like the Philippines, having household help is a given even for those in the middle income brackets. Extended family members are also often around to take care of specific chores on a regular basis. Miles away from the country I grew up in, the benefits of having an extra pair of hands to help around the house do not change. I must admit that there are a lot of things on my plate, and yes, I do need help. Now, if you’re a mom like me, you most probably have a lot to handle too. Well, here are some of the benefits that you might want to consider in having household help:
1. More quality time for the family. This is quite obvious. When you have somebody else doing your chores for you, you have more time to spend with your spouse and kids. Instead of being cranky and tired from cooking the food and doing the dishes, you have the time and energy to have a quick after-dinner board game with the kids.
2. Less worries about getting things done around the house. When you know that someone is taking care of things at home, you can concentrate on all the other things that you have to do. You have to, however, find a reliable household help that you can trust to do things the way you want them done, when you want them done. You do not have to hurry home from work just to get dinner on the table on time.
3. Clean house, all the time. You can’t help but have toys, books, and what-nots scattered around the house when you have young kids. With a reliable household help, you can at least expect someone to pick up and keep things in order. You will not have to settle for the cursory dusting of your exposed surfaces. You will not have to let the dishes wait for a few minutes while you whisk the kids off to bed. Your help should be able to take care of the clean up while you take care of the things that matter most in your life.
Having an extra pair of hands at home is not just a mere indulgence for the woman of the house who is expected to be wife, mother, and housekeeper all at once. With household help around, she can be more efficient in fulfilling those roles without being overcome by stress.
Agree? Show of hands please or leave a comment.