These days, you do not have to be strapped to an office chair sitting behind your computer to be productive. You can actually work on-the-go with various technologies available today. While some would cringe at the thought of working 24/7, being able to access your work files anytime, anywhere using mobile devices is actually a convenience you can enjoy. When used properly, these devices can make your working life a whole lot easier and less stressful. Think of sitting on a comfy couch at Starbucks while finishing up some admin work on your tablet – this sure paints a more pleasant picture of the work environment. You can work while on the train or while stuck in traffic perhaps to book a working lunch or even to send out the day’s memos. You can even go on a travel tour and not worry about going back to a pile of paperwork when you get back from your vacation. You only need to have the right tools to work on-the-go.
1. Mobile computing device. The gadgets today are already capable of basic computing processes. You do not even need a laptop anymore to do your office tasks. As long as you have a tablet or a smartphone with the right operating systems and compatible software, you’re good to go. Make sure you have a browser that can open your email accounts and social media accounts. You also need a device that can run any corporate apps and software that you might need.
2. Connectivity. You don’t need to be hooked up to wires anymore to be connected to the internet. There’s WiFi and 4G technology to keep you connected even while you are on-the-go. Most commercial establishments offer free WiFi to their patrons – now, that’s a great excuse to hang out at your favourite coffee shop for hours. You can also make use of your mobile phone plan for 4G internet services. There are also mobile pocket wifi devices that you can simply plug into your device to connect to the internet.
3. Storage. For file access anytime anywhere, you can make use of cloud storage. There are actually some platforms like Google Drive and Dropbox that allow you to store your files and even share them with others. The great thing about these cloud services is that you can sync your files so you don’t have to worry about not having the latest version of your files when you work on another device. Collaborations are also much more convenient this way. Entire work teams do not necessarily have to be in one location to accomplish their goals.
Recent developments in mobile technology are meant to make lives easier. Knowing how to take advantage of these modern ways of getting work done will surely help you make better use of your time anywhere you are – even while on a European tour.
image via http://www.theatlantic.com/
People would usually have two things to say about technology – it’s awesome or it’s made so many people lazy. Whatever differences in opinion individuals may have, there is no denying how technology has had a huge impact on how entrepreneurs manage their businesses. In fact, technology has modified how entrepreneurs regulate their customer base. It has also changed how businesses interact with their customers, all thanks to Customer Relationship Management software or CRM software, which has been around for quite some time.
While the practicality of CRM software is undeniable, a growing number of businesses have adapted a more streamline approach – the use of mobile applications to manage their customers – and are starting to reap numerous rewards from such apps. Mobile apps, both Android and iOS, for customer management has made it possible for each member of a team to keep in step with office protocols and manage individual customer accounts even when away from the office. Because of this, the productivity as well as the sales of the company can be boosted.
It’s a good thing that developing mobile apps these days have become a breeze, but especially so with Android apps. In fact, one doesn’t need to have a solid background in app development or IT in order to create your own Android apps. Creating apps have become commonplace thanks to websites that make app creation as easy as 1-2-3.
Mobile Apps for Your Business
Let’s suppose you have a startup business and you want to attract potential customers. How do you go about it? Simple. Create catchy, convenient, and reliable mobile applications that wouldn’t cost you an arm and a leg.
However, before tapping the most feasible mobile app software being used today, entrepreneurs, especially the newbies should know what mobile applications could do to their businesses.
1. Mobile applications are very convenient for consumers. Customers can access a certain website or program just by tapping several keys on their smartphones. Mobile applications empower consumers to further educate themselves about the products and/or service that they’re considering.
2. Mobile applications promote freedom. Since creating your own mobile apps give you free rein on what and what not to include, you can easily maintain your business’ program, manipulate various information, enter up to date info, and install new data. It’s about the owner having no restrictions regarding his company.
3. Creating your own mobile applications allows you to make use of features to enhance customer communication. Such applications could leverage the brand especially since it’s already installed in the device. Other than that, mobile applications could aid entrepreneurs in enhancing their interaction with their consumers. They could as well handle queries and complaints, as well as solve problems efficiently.
Where to Look for Android Mobile Apps Creator
Are you finally convinced as to the usefulness of creating your own Android apps for your business? If you are, here are a few platforms that you can check out. These platforms make creating Android mobile apps so much easier.
This site offers app and game templates that are fully customizable. You don’t even have to start from scratch because everything you’ll need to start creating your Android app is right there.
This specific platform supplies a suite of applications, which would fit events, clients, brochures, as well as the employees, and there are two different approaches. User could develop an application by utilizing the online toolkit. It has a dedicated AppLibrary, which allows the entrepreneur to render the users with a vast range of apps, which could be customized with the company’s own branding.
* Mobile Roadie
This is among the most sought-after application creators, since it enables the users to develop, as well as manage their own Android or iOS application. This platform could support all kinds of media.
There you have it. It doesn’t take a genius to create an Android app for your business. With ample computer know-how and a solid platform to help you create a failsafe app, you’d be creating apps like a pro in no time.
I told hubby that I want a private web site hosting for “Mirage.” He suggested I acquire service from his hosting as well. Since I am not ‘techie’ with this stuff I looked around for other options. I wanted service that I can afford and is easy to handle because as I have said I am not so techie with this.
Then there’s Webhostinggeeks, a site that provides a comprehensive review of the best hosting services defined in different categories. This is certainly a big help for me in picking out the best.
Of course I would vie for something that boasts of unlimited space, user friendly panel, an affordable price but there’s more to that, the website pointed out certain other details one by one to better help consumers. Tips are readily available at the front page and further discussed on their blog, which also explains a lot of other technical stuff, a noob like me should know.
Learn more about web site hosting, see which hosts has been positively reviewed by users, which gives out freebies, e.g. free themes, scripts, discount coupons, free adword credits and more.
How small could portable hard drives get? As big as your cellphone!
IDrive Online backup service developed a usb-powered portable drive
that is the thinnest (10mm) and smallest (0.3lb) in the market. With a capacity of 320gb and running 24% faster than 4200 rpm drives, this baby is unbelievably priced at 69.95$ (roughly 55euros).
This 120mm x 74 mm piece of genius is compatible with Windows 2000 and above as well as Mac OS X and Time Machine. Backing up files has never been this fast and easy (to carry anywhere) I guess.
Hubby would definitely get one of these. He is such a fan of gadgets and has been storing our files on portable hard drives that are sometimes haphazardly and accidentally dropped down by the little ones. Hopefully this one fits his pocket enough to protect it from fallin down the floor.
There’s been much debate on this, and I see lots of bloggers changing their layouts optimizing it for search engines. The little home I have is no exception. If you have noticed I have changed layouts 3 times just last month. I wanted a simple, clean layout that is easy to navigate but the husband, a web designer, doesn’t approve of this.
However, being the busy bee that he is, he can’t sit on this and make a decent one. He did gave me a tip: black background with white fonts is easier to read. His programmer friend seemed to disagree though; “white background, black fonts!” was the strict answer.
Aesthetic or Traffic? Well, why not both? *sigh* I noticed that the page loads slower but I’m anyway sticking to this layout for now…unless I see another one that interests me more. Well, there are always free web directorie (http://www.freewebdirectories.org)to submit my blog to…or for paid listing, Free web directories offers that too (they also gives out SEO optimization secrets there!)
In a span of almost 3 years, I have had 4 Sony Ericsson (SE) handyphones that I have really loved and used well. Among its series I had were the D750i, the W800i, the w580i and in photo, the K770i.
What I really like about SE phones, aside from the design and walkman feature, is their integration of the Cybershot cameras. Since photography is my passion, having an SE phone is always handy whenever I forget to bring my (bulky) camera. I got lots of comment (in my other blog) who were awed by the performance of SE phone cameras!
Since I am to extend my contract 2 months from now, I am thinking of getting the C905 which boasts of an 8.3 megapixel camera or simply the hyped about X1.
Otherwise, I’d look each of this phone up at 3 Deals (http://www.mobilephonestore.net), hope they have something I’m looking for.