Amp up the Fun With These Essentials
As fun as camping or attending a music festival can be, there is no arguing that the comforts of home are not going to fit in your duffel bag. Sure, the whole idea of camping it to be “roughing it,” but that doesn’t have to mean you have to be miserable the whole time. And if you are following your favorite jam band around the country, you might feel as though the regular accoutrements of life are out of your reach. Not so! With a little bit of smart packing, you can make your next Bumbershoot or Bonnaroo experience just a little higher on the luxury scale.
No matter if you are camping in the wilderness or pitching a tent on the sand at Burning Man, there are a few items you need to have in order to keep yourself healthy and protected from the elements. Here are some things you should have in your bag.
- Sunscreen: Save your skin from the sun’s burning rays. If you will be swimming or sweating, be sure to reapply the sunscreen periodically. It’s no fun to have to hide in your tent and miss out on the festivities because you got crisped on the first day.
- Hat and sunglasses: These are no-brainers for festivals or camping. They both can allow you to stay outside longer and more comfortably.
- Refillable water bottle: Staying hydrated will be key to extending your fun.
Your “living” arrangements at the Lockn’ Festival may be rudimentary at best, but you still need some essentials for comfort. Make sure to load these gear items into the back of your van.
- Sleeping bag or hammock: If you are lucky enough to have a place to hang it, a hammock is a comfortable sleeping option. At the very least, pack a sleeping bag that will keep you warm overnight.
- Clothing and shoes: Be prepared for whatever Mother Nature throws at you with a variety of light and heavy garments. If hiking is on the camping agenda, be sure to bring some sturdy boots.
- Safety wallet: Things can get hectic at music festivals, and you don’t want your wallet to be easily accessible to other attendees. Keep thing close to the chest with a body wallet worn on your arm or around your waist.
Now, when preparing for a party, you may want to have a few tools available to heighten the experience. Everyonedoesit has more than a few party essentials worthy of the long haul, including the following:
- Vape Pens: Keep your aromatherapy consumption under control with a personal vape pen that only you can easily disguise during the festival.
- Glow sticks: They are both fun to look at and great for helping find friends in a crowd.
- Flashlight: Keep yourself safe and your path clear with a good flashlight and backup batteries.
Before you get in the car and head to your favorite music festival or camping site, make sure to pack these essentials to keep the experience enjoyable and yourself safe.